Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rape in Singapore

I've always thought that Singapore was relatively safe.. I mean sure there are burglaries and snatch thefts etc but these aren't that bad and it seems that they are under control as well but in recent years.. there have been some shocking news stories and this one is definitely one of them

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_455723.html

http://thecourtroom.stomp.com.sg/stomp/courtroom/case_of_the_day/282308/rape_trial_youths_wanted_to_get_17yearold_girl_drunk.html

Did it break your heart just reading that? I can't imagine how the poor girl must have felt...Of course the girl lay still she must have been shell shocked...

What about the picture of one of the accused? Does he look arrogant to you? I've always thought that Singapore courts tend to mete out stiff sentences and I am not an advocate of the death penalty but in this case, if they are found to be guilty, I am definitely in favour of stiff sentences. I'd say hit the max jail and caning...
sighz... Such a disgrace

No comments: