Saturday, April 25, 2009

I dreamed a dream

I woke up this morning feeling happy but with a heavy burden of melancholy. I had a great night's sleep (which is quite rare thanks to a hectic schedule)so it had nothing to do with that.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

I felt that way because I dreamt of true love. True love didn't have a face that I recognized but I could feel soaring happiness in holding her hand, the shyness and elation from the physical contact of hugging and snuggling. Intelligent conversation that flowed freely between two somewhat share individuals with serious depth of thought. While true love didn't have a concrete face, she was "ang mo".

True love means different things to many people and may even change over time as thought matures and perception change. For me though I guess it has never changed. True love to me has a beautiful face (not necessarily a slim and svelte body). True love is about witty intelligent conversations that know no end, punctuated with genuine laughter. Its about the feeling of elation, warmth and shyness from pure physical contact and proximity. True love is about all of these things and more. Above all, true love is romance and sweetness rolled into one, an everlasting rainbow that guides you one day at a time.

So while I find many "ah lians" pretty, their behaviour means its highly unlikely that I will find true love there. So no, true love has a physical element but it is not the only nor most important element. So why do I feel melancholy? Because I realize I yearn for true love, that is my own version of true love but have yet to truly experience it. I have had snippets of it but never been in a relationship that encompasses it all. People can get married and live in relative contentment and happiness without ever having realized true love. For a few of us though, we are blessed with such and honor. I will continue to hope for such an honor and for those of you who have, cherish it and hold it tightly to your heart.

Feel free to copy all or parts of my blog posts but please remember to give credit where its due and remember that these are purely my own thoughts, your prespectives are unlikely to be the same.

No comments: