Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Auld Lang Syne

Its New Year's Eve!!! (and I am counting the hours till I get off work) I think many people will be looking forward to the coming of the new year. In my opinion its been a tumultous year. Its been a great year for Singapore in terms of sports but other than that I don't like watching or reading the news.

So how will YOU be spending the last few hours of 2008? The usual party at Sentosa or Marina Bay? Any New Year's resolution? I seldom make any resolutions on this day because in my opinion, a hasty resolution made on New Year's eve with the countdown party in mind doesn't mean much does it? In all fairness though maybe before (or after) the booze numbs our brain cells, we should take a little moment to look at life this year from a very NARROW perspective. How good (or bad) have we really been this year? It seems to me that there are many things wrong on Earth. I am not a mover and shaker and neither are most of us. Each of us do have the power in us to change things however. Like the King of Pop croons " I am starting with the man in the mirror....."

So take care and party safe people! Take care of the ladies (and men who still wear spongebob underwear) and lets have a wonderful party! Happy New Year!

No comments: