Thursday, October 23, 2008

Financial Turmoil?

Ahhh so the World's talking about the financial crisis. There is obviously going to be an economic slowdown affecting most countries (gawsh I sound like a weather forecaster...rain over most areas.. LOL). I agree with Maia though. If you money doesn't mean the world to you (and you are somewhere in the middle income group and uo this financial crisis probably won't affect you all that much. Yes we are all gonna tighten up our belts a little bit (sayonara cherry garden, Oscar's and Renos?)
but we can still lead our happy lives.

Maia got me thinking a little this morning. Where does all my money go? I guess like her I don't think too much on spending with loved ones and I love to travel as well. So yup most of my expenditure falls under three great categories. 1)Transport. I should take public transport a little more often but the crowd can be pretty scary at times. 2) FOOD! Yup I love food and its not just the taste and smell of it that matters to me, the ambience is important too and soo... you gotta pay a price for that eh? 3) Leisure and this includes travel of course! Last minute flights to Thailand, Hong Kong and Australia. . . Movies, bowling and the like in the comfort of Singapore. So all in all it adds up to quite a bit I guess. Maybe its time to look into my finances again.

Talking about last minute trips, I had a chalet planned for today! Its a long weekend after all. I was kinda busy, have several commitments over the weekend but I guess I needed a little time to get away and chill. Working for 9 or more hours a day after months of rest can take a toll on you. In the end....... it was canceled! Oh man that was disappointing I was looking forward to late night movies ... oh well. So the question for this early morning hour is... what shall I do tomorrow?

No comments: