Monday, January 21, 2008

train disruption

Okay so by now I am sure all of you have heard about the train disruption today. Yep and I was caught up in it and the ironic thing was I was actually earlier than usual today! I guess its like the song by Alanis Morissette. I am too lazy to post any pictures but search on the internet and you'll find a whole bunch. I think the sight of the crowd at the bus stop will overwhelm you. I was actually patient and waited for 45 mins like a typical obedient Singaporean when I finally gave up and tried to flag a cab. You guessed it though no cabs! I was wondering if the dispatch would have been kind enough to divert them here where many people were waiting patiently (or otherwise) for cabs. Oh yah and furthermore we were directed to the bus stops where we were told would ferry us from Tampines mrt to Pasir Ris or Simei. Thank goodness I decided to take the SBS bus to bedok instead! Not that I am clairvoyant, in case you did wonder.
So hours passed and the day dragged by like a typical ol schoolday until mid afternoon when I met an old pal for a cuppa java and we talked about our respective relationships; i.e his budding one and my well...not so blossoming one. It was a good kinda talk though I was mostly on the listening end (which is atypical) but I was happy to be a listening ear what I was unhappy about was, that I was late for training! Twice in a day! I ended almost made it via public transport but I missed the bus and after fruitlessly waiting took a cab. So I missed warm up and almost couldn't take the grading. Worst part? I got kicked in the groin and kicked in the head. One of the guys from NUS is really aggressive While I admire his obvious resolve... I do think he oughta leave that "fire" for competitions :P
So all in all it hasn't been such a great day BUT
as they say there's a silver cloud in every lining ... true!
As I end my blog entry Its early morning, a new day with new fresh hope! :>

No comments: